Summer time is the best time for riding.
Long rides into the country with friends.
Weekend trips to a festival with family members.
After spending the cold winter months getting your motorcycle ready, you are prepared for any trip that the summer may bring. You have some long weekends off from work and the hope is that you will be able to not only get in the rides that you want, but that you will also be able to afford some of the upgrades that you want for your bike. From the Victory aftermarket parts that you saw at a recent gathering to some of the drag specialists seats that you have tested out, you are hoping by the end of the summer to make sure that your bike is exactly the way that you want it to be.
Motorcycle Supply Shops Are Especially Busy This Time of the Year
Gear heads want nothing more than a smooth ride, a faster engine, and chance to ride as often as possible. Every time that they get to go out for a ride, however, chances are that they are going to see some other Victory aftermarket parts and other kinds of accessories. Consider some of these facts and figures about the motorcycle industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 78% of motorcycle usage is on-road riding.
- 41% of motorcycle usage is is off-road riding.
- 38% of motorcycle usage is riders who participate in AMA-sanctioned competition.
- In the year 2015, Harley-Davidson accounted for 29.3% of all new motorcycle sales in the U.S.
- While the pads and discs on a racebike may exceed 600 degrees Fahrenheit, brakes on an aggressively ridden streetbike can heat up to 350 degrees.
- It is important to check on the tires of a motorcycle after a few hours of riding, because anything more than a 10% gain in pressure could indicate they are working too hard.
Motor cycling riding, like many things in life, involves a lot of attention to detail to make sure that it is both safe and fun. Did you know, for instance, that improper balance can shorten the life of tires for a motorcycle, so it is important to check them after 500 or 1000 miles of use.